Export Harvest timesheets into QuickBooks 2006 – 2012 for Windows, or with Quickbooks Online via a third-party application. QuickBooks Mac is not supported, as it does not allow time imports.
The QuickBooks integration works for all Harvest plans (including trials) except the Free Forever plan.
Setting up your QuickBooks Export from Harvest
Quickbooks 2006–2012 for Windows
You can export your data as Timer IIF files. To set up Harvest for QuickBooks export:
- Go to your Profile Menu and click Account Settings.
- Under the section 3rd Party Integration, click on Edit QuickBooks Settings.
- To get your Company Create Time, you need to first open up your QuickBooks file.
- In QuickBooks, go to File > Utilities > Export > Timer Lists.
- Save the IIF file, and open it up with any text editor (such as Notepad for Windows or TextEdit for Mac).
- Look for the company create time number, which should appear as 890239742. Here’s a screenshot of what the file would look like:
Note: The company create time and company name in Harvest and QuickBooks must match exactly for the integration to work.
Once you have the Harvest form set up, you can go to Reports, and you’ll see QuickBooks in the Export dropdown.
Exporting from Harvest into QuickBooks
Exporting out of Harvest
- Go to Reports > Time or Reports > Detailed Time.
- From the Exports menu, select QuickBooks.
This will download a file that can be directly imported into QuickBooks.
Importing into QuickBooks
After you’ve exported from Harvest, you can import into QuickBooks. The directions depend on which version of QuickBooks you have:
- For QuickBooks 2008 – 2012: Navigate to File > Utilities > Import > Timer Activities, then select the file you downloaded from Harvest.
- For QuickBooks 2006 – 2007: Navigate to File > Import > Timer Activities, then select the file you downloaded from Harvest.
Formatting for Quickbooks 2006–2012 for Windows
The file you download from Harvest should not need any additional formatting to be imported into QuickBooks. However, you can make sure your data between QuickBooks and Harvest is properly matched. QuickBooks data is mapped to Harvest structure as follows (spelling and spacing of all your items must be exactly the same between the two systems):
You can set up payroll items on the Edit QuickBooks Settings page under Account Settings.