How to Create a Project
Setting up a project in Harvest allows you to track time and invoice your clients. Administrators can add projects for all clients, and project managers can add projects if they’re given permission via Manage > People.
How to Create a Project Video
How to Create a Project Step-by-Step
- Under Manage > Projects, choose Create Project.
- Choose your client, or Add a New Client.
- Next, name your project. Add a project code if you need one for billing.
- Choose an invoice method so hours will be pulled into your invoices.
- If you have one, select a budget and how you would like to track it.
- Select Show budget report to all employees and contractors if you would like all users to see the budget. Otherwise, only administrators and project managers see the budget.
- Choose whether you would like to receive budget notifications.
- Add project notes if you like. Notes appear in Project reports under Reports > Time and Reports > Project Status.
- Next, add a task from the menu, or Add a new task. Click the X next to a task to remove it from the list.
- Lastly, add people by clicking Add Person. Someone must be added in Manage > People before you can add them to a project.
- People who already have the project manager permission under Manage > People will automatically be marked as a project manager when they are added to a project. You can also mark someone as project manager from this form.
- Save the project. It is now listed under Manage > Projects.
- If you are a project manager and create a project you do not manage, you will not be able to view it in Manage > Projects after it is saved.