Detailed Time and Expense Reports
Detailed Time and Expense reports show hours or expenses by date and entry, and allows you to mark hours and expenses as invoiced or uninvoiced.
How to Run a Detailed Time Report Video
How to Run a Detailed Time or Expense Report Step-by-Step
Admins can run Detailed Time or Expense Reports for all projects. Project managers can only run Detailed Time and Expense Reports for projects they manage.
- Go to Reports > Detailed Time or Reports > Expenses.
- Choose a Timeframe.
- Filter the clients/projects/people/etc you want to see in the report with the input boxes.
- You can choose more than one filter.
- Basic and Business accounts can also filter by Department.
- Click Run Report.
From the Show menu, you can filter your report by invoiced and uninvoiced hours or expenses, or billable and non-billable hours. You can also change the grouping of your report via the Group by menu.
Marking Hours or Expenses as Invoiced or Uninvoiced
When you create an invoice based on project hours, Harvest automatically marks all included hours and expenses as invoiced. When you run a Detailed Time or Expense report, green locks mark invoiced and locked entries.
From a Detailed Time or Expense report, Admins can mark hours or expenses as invoiced to lock them, or uninvoiced to unlock them.
- Note: Project managers can run Detailed Time or Expense Reports, but they can not mark hours or expenses as invoiced or uninvoiced.
To mark hours or expenses as invoiced or uninvoiced:
- Run a report from Reports > Detailed Time or Reports > Expense.
- You will see a menu that says Mark Hours or Mark Expenses. Choose Invoiced or Uninvoiced from this menu.
- A light box will appear asking you to confirm that you want to mark hours or expenses an invoiced/uninvoiced. Click Yes to confirm, and No to cancel.
Exporting Detailed Time and Expense Reports
Detailed Time Report
From the Export menu, you can export to Excel and CSV, or QuickBooks and Google Apps if you have set up an integration.
From the Export menu, you can export to Excel, CSV, and PDF. To export expense receipts from Harvest, choose Export to PDF.
Print both reports by clicking the print icon.