Project Budget Report
The Project Budget Report shows all active projects with a budget, and highlights the total budget, how much of the budget has been spent, and how much is left.
How to Use the Project Budget Report
What You’ll See
Reports > Project Budget is a list of active projects with budgets, and it is organized by client. If you need to see budgets for archived projects, you can access them from the Time Report by viewing the Project Lifespan for any archived project.
If Time Rounding is turned on, budgets will reflect rounded hours.
- Any active project with a budget will be shown. Archived projects will not be shown in this list.
- Clicking a project name will take you to a Project Lifespan report in Reports > Time.
- This is the total budget for a project, and will be shown in hours or dollars depending on how the budget is tracked.
- This is how much of the budget you have used, and will be shown in hours or dollars depending on how the budget is tracked. Visually, this is represented by the green portion of the bar graph.
- Budget Left
- This is how much of the budget remains, and will be shown in hours or dollars depending on how the budget is tracked. Visually, this is represented by the “empty” portion of the bar graph. If you go over budget, this will be visually represented by the red portion of the bar graph.
- Export to CSV or Excel from the export menu.
- Print this report by clicking the print icon.
Also, you can set budget notifications to alert you when a project goes over budget.
- Go to Manage > Projects.
- Click into the project for which you want to set notifications.
- Check Send me emails if project reaches [80%] of budget. You can change the percentage if you’d like to receive notifications sooner or later.