For Basic and Business plans, Harvest includes Timesheet Approval. Project managers will only be able to approve time and expenses tracked to projects that they manage.
Approving an employee’s timesheet will lock it for that week. Only administrators can edit an approved timesheet or unlock it.
Activating Timesheet Approval
First, make sure Timesheet Approval is turned on. Only Basic and Business plans have the approval feature.
- Go to your Profile Menu and click Account Settings.
- Click Choose Modules.
- Check the box for Timesheet Approval.
- Save your changes.
If you later decide you don’t want timesheet approval, simply go back to the Choose Modules page and uncheck the Timesheet Approval box.
Any user can submit their timesheet by clicking Submit for Approval on the timesheet.
Timesheet Submission Emails
After a timesheet is submitted, project managers will receive an email with a link to review and approve the timesheet.
By default, Harvest is set to send project managers timesheet submission emails. If you would like to turn off timesheet submission emails:
- Go to your Profile Menu and click My Profile.
- Under Notifications, uncheck Send email alerts when people submit timesheets to projects you manage.
Project managers or administrators can approve timesheets that have been submitted for approval.
- Go to Timesheets > Pending Approval.
- Click Approve All Timesheets to approve everyone’s timesheet, OR
- Approve individual timesheets by going into a user’s timesheet and clicking Approve Timesheets.
A timesheet can not be rejected. However, if it needs to be changed before it is approved, you can:
- Send a message to the timesheet owner by clicking the Send User Email link, OR
- Make changes on your own by going into a timesheet via Timesheets > Pending. Click any day of the week on the timesheet, and you’ll be taken to that person’s timesheet.
Sending RemindersTimesheets > Unsubmitted will show you all outstanding timesheets. You can send one-time, individual reminders, or you can set up automatic reminders that will send weekly to everyone on your Harvest account.
Sending One-time Reminders
- Click the checkbox next to each person’s name, or select all users by clicking the All link at the top of the list.
- Click Send Email Reminders.
Sending Automatic Reminders
- From Timesheets > Unsubmitted, click Set Up Reminder.
- Select on which day you would like the reminder to be sent, and click Set Reminder.
Timesheets > Archive is where you find all pending and approved timesheets for the entire history of the account. If you need to unlock an approved timesheet, click into the timesheet from the Timesheets > Archive, and click Withdraw Approval.