Web Application Designer
Join a team of stellar designers and developers and work on a popular web application that powers some of the most innovative agencies in the world.
You can design exceptionally well for the web. You understand that design is about making things work better. You're an expert with Photoshop and CSS.
You are smart, curious, and eager to learn (you're going to learn a lot here at Harvest).
You're expected to fit in with our team as an honest, responsible, and humble person with a sense of humor.
NYC START-UP, SMART PEOPLE, CHALLENGING & MEANINGFUL WORK. Can you dig it?
- Startup culture, without startup stress. Harvest is a 6-year old, profitable startup. This means you'll experience the fun and excitement of a young, fast-growing company, but there won't be the typical crazy hours and instability of a normal startup. We’re as serious about work as we are about our lives outside of it.
- Small team, big impact. We’re a nimble, efficient and talented team of 24 people. What you will do will have a direct impact on Harvest and our customers’ lives. Your hard work will be seen, appreciated and used by thousands of your peers.
- Challenge yourself. You will work with people who genuinely care about their craft and demand the highest quality. Aside from the personal satisfaction of a job well done, you will be working with some of the most reputable businesses in the industry.
- Amazing work environment. Great salary, great benefits. Work out of our beautiful NYC office or from your home office. Wherever you are, Harvest will send you an awesome standing desk and a shiny new Mac of your choice.
Who You Are
- You take pride in doing great work and care about the details (that is, you deliver pixel-perfect work).
- You have a different, fresh, and interesting perspective to share with us on designing marketing sites, applications, and usability.
- You have done some great work and can send us links to your portfolio/sites you've done.
- You can chop up a Photoshop comp and turn it into something "live" with semantic HTML(5) and CSS(3).
- You appreciate obvious, simple, quiet and invisible design solutions (over clever, loud, obnoxious, cool and trendy ones).
- You want to be part of a small, growing company that is making an impact on the workflow and efficiency of fellow designers and design studios.
- Users first. Your ego last.
A Sample of Tasks and Projects You Might Work On
- Design and code our 2012 Year In Review.
- Re-think, re-imagine, and re-design a brand new timesheet that is consistent across mobile, tablet and desktop, while taking advantage of each platform's strengths and weaknesses.
- Designed and tweaked and re-tweaked a new invoice layout.
- Designed and finessed some UI elements and worked on a new layout for our internal tool, Kaizen.
- Sketched out a few new icons for Harvest and Co-op.
- Please make sure you fit the descriptions above (see the brain!). You must be authorized to work in the United States and physically at our New York City office.
- First, find the email address! It's hidden somewhere on this page. Then email us with the subject "Harvest Design – _____" (fill in your favorite band), and let us know how you found the address.
- Tell us why you want to work with us, and why you'd make a good fit here.
- Give us your thoughts on this question: What is the one thing you can add to the Harvest team that you bet we've never thought of?
These come standard: health and dental, flexible schedule, standing desk, good chair, mac of your choice, fresh fruit, and fresh-brewed coffee every morning