Timesheet Keyboard Shortcuts
We have been making a lot of improvements to the new Harvest Timesheet. Today, I wanted to show power users the fastest way to use it.
Knowing just a few simple keyboard shortcuts, you can start a timer or enter time without ever having to use a mouse. See it in action:
- ‘n‘ to open up the new entry form,
- Use tab to move between the form elements,
- ‘esc‘ to cancel out of the form,
- If you are tracking time via duration, we accept a variety of formats (1.2 = 1 hour and 12 minutes) and simple time math.
- If you are using timestamps, we understand “11.25″ or “1125″ (faster than typing 11:25) or “9a”, short for 9:00am.
We’re starting out with a limited and simple set of shortcuts, and we’d love to hear what shortcuts you’d like to see for the timesheet!