Security & Privacy
All data stored on Harvest is safe, secure, and reliable. For us, it’s the only way to do business.Try Harvest Free
How We Keep Your Data Safe
All Harvest accounts use SSL-encrypted connections by default — the same level of security used by online banks. You never send or receive sensitive information in plain-text. Additionally, industry-standard physical and remote security is administered at datacenter facilities.
Focus on Privacy
How We Stay Reliable
Harvest achieves an average 99.9% uptime. Here are a few things we do to ensure we stay available for you whenever you need to access your information:
- Network connectivity is provided by multiple top carriers.
- All data is protected by hardware RAID over multiple data storage units.
- Critical servers have redundant power supplies.
- Critical components are deployed in (at least) redundant pairs.
Data Retention Policy
We take our role as custodian of your data extremely seriously. We have multiple backup systems in place to protect your data, governed by the following policies:
- All backups are replicated to at least 2 physical datacenters.
- All backup systems are tested biweekly.
- Backups occur once daily at a minimum, with many occurring twice daily.
- Database backups are retained for 180 days.
- Application logs (for assisting Harvest Support cases) are retained for 90 days.
Industry Standard Security
Harvest systems and processes adhere to industry best practices in security, including the following:
- Encrypted inter-server and inter-datacenter communication.
- Sensitive data encryption in the databases.
- Tightly firewalled and monitored servers.
- Strictly controlled access to servers or customer data.
- Immutable audit trail for support-related data access.
Responsible Security Disclosure
Harvest has an engaged developer community and we value the role played by third parties in Internet security. Our customers trust us with their data and we take this trust extremely seriously. The following process is in place for any person or organization to report vulnerabilities in the Harvest service:
- Harvest maintains an active public program on HackerOne. We encourage all security reports to be made via our program on HackerOne.
- Harvest only pays bounties for valid security reports which come through HackerOne, and which meet all of the requirements stipulated explicitly in that program.
- Alternatively, email a complete description of the issue to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include code samples and as much detail as possible.
- The Harvest security team will acknowledge receipt of the email promptly and investigate.
- Most reports will take less than 24 hours to investigate and determine a course of action.
- Be responsible and retain the private nature of this disclosure until the Harvest security team has responded to your submission with a timeline of any mitigation underway.
- Harvest does not pursue any action against parties who disclose issues through this process.